To successfully level a centrifuge for safety and proper operation, ensure the centrifuge must be on a level stable surface like a level floor or lab bench.
Tools required: a rotor installed in the centrifuge, a level, and a wrench to adjust leveling feet.
- Open centrifuge lid.
- Place level on the center yoke of the installed rotor. (see photo)
- Rotate the level in position to determine which leveling foot to adjust.
- Adjust leveling feet front to back, side to side until the unit is level.
- Verify that the bubble is in the center of the level when rotated.
- When the unit is level front to back, side to side, that’s it you are done.
- Remove the level. Place the rotor lid on and tighten, if there is one. Close the centrifuge lid, perform a test run to verify the unit functions properly with minimal vibration.